We are partnering with local restaurants and chefs to offer cooking classes to the general community in our commercial kitchen. With the help of our generous restaurant partners, the entire $50 registration fee will be donated to our kids programs.
Our Chef and Kitchen Manager, Gloria Picinini, will be in attendance at every class to act as sous chef and to answer questions about the food bank and our cooking class program.
Register for a class and enjoy a delicious way to help end hunger in our community! Class registration in non-refundable but may be given to a friend if you are unable to attend the class. All classes will be capped at 10 students. If you are interested in a class that is already full, please email Victoria and you can be put on a waiting list to be contacted should we repeat the class. Classes will begin at 6:30 and you will be tasting the food as you make it, so there is no need to eat before you come. Please keep checking back as this page will be updated as classes are added! Our classes are filling up fast, so if you are interested in a class that is already sold out please email or call Victoria at 970-356-2199 x 323 and she can put you on a waiting list. We would be happy to work with you if you would like to purchase a class as a gift for family or friends!
June 20th - Italian
Gloria Picinini of Weld Food Bank, a Johnson and Wales trained chef, will be teaching Italian classics.
- Braciola (pounded round steak rolled with bacon, parmesan, garlic, onion, parsley, browned and braised in your favorite tomato sauce)
- Ricotta Gnocchi (ricotta cheese gnocchi covered in a delicious browned butter and sage sauce)
- Tiramisu (a marsala wine custard combines whipped cream and mascarpone and layered with coffee and brandy soaked lady fingers)
Click to Register
July 25th - From Farm to Table
Chef Jason Kearns of UNC Dining Services will be teaching a course on using seasonal ingredients
August 8th - Farmer's Market: August Harvest
Taught by Carrie Shimada, Horticulture Program Associate of CSU Extension
Carrie will share tips on how to shop seasonally and fresh in Colorado, store food for less abundant seasons, and make the most of August's abundant harvest! On the menu:
- Couscous/quinoa salad with roasted seasonal veggies
- Seasonal green salad with peppers and cucumbers in a home-made parmesan bowl
- Grilled corn with herb butter
- Chicken with Carrie's secret marinade
- Fresh fruit sorbet with hand-whipped cream
Click to Register
August 22nd - Pellegrini's Italian Restaurant
Chef/Owner Carlo Pellegrini will be teaching you how to make some of his Italian favorites from the restaurant.
If you would like additional information about classes or how to register, please email Victoria or call her at 970-356-2199 x323.