CSFP – Commodity Supplemental Food Program
The USDA Commodities Program is designed to aid the most vulnerable populations in our community.  The program serves seniors over 60 and participants receive various nutritional products including milk, fruit, vegetables, juice and cereal, etc.  In our last fiscal year we distributed 29,851 nutritional food packages throughout Weld County. 


Anyone who is interested in receiving commodities must first meet with a member of our certification staff.  Potential clients must show ID, proof of address and proof of income.  After the original application, clients need to recertify every six months.  Once certified, a client can visit the food bank once a month to pick up their commodities.  In addition to the shelf stable items provided through the USDA, our clients all visit the “extra room.”  This room is where we have many of the perishable donated food items available to our clients. On a typical day, the "extra room" will contain onions, potatoes, various other produce, meat, bakery goods and other food items. 


The following food items will always be available:

1% UHT Milk

Dry Milk, every other month







Peanut Butter/Beans





The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.) If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complain form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

  • Print
  • Text Size: A A A

Sign up for our e-newsletter

Sign Up

Manage your e-mail subscription